Apr 26, 2013

handmade cards

Book Card
This is one of the styles of card we will make at Kilkenny
Because we are making some nostalgic memory cards
I don't want to give the themes away
but as you can see
there is an awful lot of cutting as there are 8 pages to decorate,

Card when closed
This card was for a lady gardener



 Back view of card


In side view of card
This card fits in an A5 envelope, but is quiet weighty so would need to be weighed at the post office

Gardening poems


She dug the plot on Monday –
the soil was rich and fine,
She forgot to thaw out dinner –
so we went out to dine...
She planted roses Tuesday –
she says they are a must,
They really are quite lovely
but she quite forgot to dust.
On Wednesday it was daisies –
they opened up with sun,
All whites and pinks and yellows –
but the laundry wasn’t done...
The poppies came on Thursday -
a bright and cherry red,
I guess she really was engrossed –
she never made the bed...
It was violets on Friday –
in colours she adores,
It never bothered her at all –
all crumbs upon the floors
I hired a maid on Saturday –
my week is now complete,
My wife can garden all she wants –
the house will still be neat!
It’s nearly lunchtime Sunday –
and I cannot find the maid,
Oh no! I don’t believe it!
She’s out there WITH THE SPADE! 


----------------------------

The kiss of the sun for pardon,
The song of the birds for mirth,
One is nearer God's heart
in the garden,
Than anywhere else on earth.
------------------ 

In a garden green and gay
All my troubles fade away
Sweet contentment here I find
Joy of heart and peace of mind

--------------------------- 
   
The Gardeners Morning

The robins song at daybreak
Is a clarion call to me,
Get up and get in the garden,
or the morning hours will flee.
I cannot resist the summons,
For what earnest gardener could?
For the golden hours of morning,
Get into the gardener’s blood.
The magic spell is upon me,
I'm glad that I did not wait;
For life’s at its best in the morning,
As you pass through the garden gate.

---------------------- 


Gardener's Blessing

May God grant thee
Enough sun to warm the earth,
Enough rain to make things grow,
A good strong back,
A wide brimmed hat,
And a good sharp goose-neck hoe,
Strength for a day of toil
And some quiet evening hours,
With a sip of tea
And a gentle breeze,
And may all your weeds be wildflowers.

By Ralph Emerson Purkhiser



---------------

click on the images for a larger view
Yvonne

6 comments:

  1. Now that's a card and a half. Cant wait. Aiveen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Girls I love a themed Card, as you can add so much information. this type of card would make a lovely brag book for a Grand Parent,

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Yvonne. this is a fantastic card. so much work in this, only for someone very special. Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Marie, haven't seen you in years, hope all is well in Limerick

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I really appreciate, you taking the time to leave one. and will do my best to answer every one.
Yvonne xx