Craft for the Craic
January's DT Project
This months theme was a "Favourite word"
I decided to do a a New Years Card
and work on the words of one of my favourite songs
which is very apt for New Year.
Step by step.
1. I have used a 21cm Sq Card made with 2 A4 sheets of card 1 cut 21cm Sq and the 2nd one cut 21cm by 23cm and scored on the 1st line of the crafters companion board, roughly 2cm. and stick the 2 panels together. at the fold.
2. I stuck a 20cm doily to 20cm Sq gold card, and stuck the mat flat to my card
3. I added a layer of scrunched lace, and some pretty guipure lace trim, and some gold angel hair, loosely glues where the greetings were going to be stuck.
4. I used a lovely Irish New Years Blessing which I printed on cream card, then used the chorus of the song as my main greeting, and 2015, which I roughly tore the edges and guilded them with a gold ink pad. these were raised on the card with foam tape. But were stuck with hot glue, to ensure they stuck through the lace.
5. I added the little clock and some poinsettias petals with a diamond and pearl centers to finish the card off .
6. The inside was lined with a buff coloured pearlised card and have 1/2 a doily overlayed. to hide the seams of the gatefolds.
Inside I decided to do a gatefold to house a nightlight
so printed an image onto Vellum.with I stuck to the gatefold aperture.
7. To make the gate fold. I scored a A4 sheet of cream card on the A4 half fold line, then on A4 concertina fold line. and on the 1st line of the base side of the box side of my crafters companion board. Give all scored lines a nice tight crease with a bone folder.
8. To attach the vellum panel. I used a 21cm by 19cm panel of cream card, which I folded in half, and scored the out side edges on the 1st line of the base side of the box side of my crafters companion board. Give all scored lines a nice tight crease with a bone folder. Cut a 17cm by 15cm aperture from the centre of the panel, and stick the printed vellum image behind. The end fold need to be turned inwards, to attach them to the inside walls of the gate fold.
9. I added a smaller strip of the gold card with buff pearlised card, and finished it with a strip of guipure lace trim.
Overview of the gatefold with nightlight
this image is a little clearer
Back of Card
You can find Craft for the craic on facebook HERE
Craft for the craic Blog HERE
please pop on to their blog and Facebook page to see what everyone on the DT is sharing this month.
Thanks for looking in
Happy New Year to you all