Aug 7, 2015



August DT Challenge
for Craft for the Craic
Theme,Inspiration from a photo.

this is the photo I choose
it a photo of my back garden
planted with all my favourite flowers
Lavender, Alchemilla Mollis, Sweet William, Peony roses, Delphinium, Lupins, Geranium  and so many more.
but my favourite and always has been is the poppy, it only lasts a few days, and this year the rain destroyed it, so there all cut back, but coming up again, so I may get a second bloom later in the year, 
I pick up the colours from my photo for this card, 
and chose the poppy as the theme
as you know the poppy is the flower of remembrance.
so made my card a "Thinking of you" card.



close up of the handmade poppy flowers
you can find a tutorial HERE



I wrote the poem below to go inside


Happiness is a garden planted
with many flowers.
Some small and insignificant 
Some sweet with their perfume
But the poppy for me
Outshines the rest
In remembrance of a dear loved one.


You can find Craft for the craic on facebook HERE 
Craft for the craic Blog HERE

please pop on to their blog and Facebook page to see what everyone on the DT is sharing this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I really appreciate, you taking the time to leave one. and will do my best to answer every one.
Yvonne xx