Jan 16, 2017

7 UP and Cream Scones Recipe


7 UP and Cream Scones Recipe

I make these scones for every class
and there the easiest scone I have ever made
there also the lightest scone I have ever made
and so simple

                                 It an American Cup recipe

4 Cups of self raising flour = 16oz
1 330ml can of 7 up(you can use diet.)
1 300ml of cream
2 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt

Sieve flour, salt and bicarbonate in to a metal bowl  
pour cream and 7up in and mix with a knife
(not sure why a knife or metal bowl, but it works)
It looks like it will never come together to a dough, as t seems very wet, but suddenly but it does.
Need it lightly on a floured surface, and roll out to about 1 inch thickness.
Cut with middle size cutter you should get about 16 scones
place on 2 baking trays, leaving enough room between to rise.
I brush the tops with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
they take about 15 to 20 mins at 180c or until golden brown.

Enjoy Yvonne 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I really appreciate, you taking the time to leave one. and will do my best to answer every one.
Yvonne xx