Mar 7, 2015

March Fun Evening
Tuesday the 10th
Time 7.30 to 10.00
4 places remaining
(Clare's suggestion)
We are making Beautiful lace covered books
similar to the ones found on Pinterest. (below)
You can go to town decorating these note books.
or keep it simple.
We are making a loose cover version.

I will supply the note books
Wadding, Satin and lace to cover the book, and a selection of vintage images.

Well I had a go.
so here's mine.


It was harder then I thought

I hand-stitched a removable cover 



This is the book in the cover


I decided to only decorate the front
I added a gathered lace edge, and over-layed the looping trim.
And mounted the image on to card, then added an acetate cover to protect the image.
Added an broderie anglaise frill behind the image, and a lovely gathered cotton lace to hide the acetate edges.
Chose a selection of Guipure applique, and added some ornate pearls to the centres of the daisies  
and a lovely organza rose.


This is the back of the book




You need to bring your own
Needle and thread
Glue Gun
Any fancy lace or applique, you want to use on the front cover of the book.
Beads, Pins, or Bling.
Don't worry if you haven't any of the above, 
I have plenty of extra.

If you would prefer to make cards on the night, please let me know.

If you would like to come please can you email me HERE





Fabric collage book of roses

Needle Book and Garden Apron


1 comment:

  1. WOW these are amazing. Love the lace and images.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I really appreciate, you taking the time to leave one. and will do my best to answer every one.
Yvonne xx